Skip to main content


If you are a Child, a Parent, a Family Member or a Member of the public and have worries about a child or you are worried that an adult is being abused, please see information and contact details below.

Nottingham city council logo

Safeguarding Children

Worried about a child?

If you have concerns that a child or young person is being harmed the worst thing you can do is nothing. Nottingham City Safeguarding Children Partnership (NCSCP) has produced information, which outlines the signs and symptoms of abuse and neglect. 

Most of us, at some time, will have a concern about a child or young person who lives in our community. However, we don't always know what to do, whether to involve ourselves in someone else's business or who to tell.

Everyone, irrespective of whether they work directly with children, young people and their families, has a responsibility to ensure that children and young peoples well-being is safeguarded and promoted. The worst thing you can do if you have concerns is nothing.

For information about Safeguarding Children please click this button
Nottingham city council logo

Safeguarding adults

Everyone has the right to live their life free from violence, fear and abuse. All adults have the right to be protected from harm or exploitation.

Abuse is mistreatment by any other person or persons that violates a person's human and civil rights. The abuse can vary from treating someone with disrespect in a way which significantly affects the person's quality of life to causing actual physical suffering.

Abuse can happen anywhere. In a residential or nursing home, a hospital, workplace, day centre or educational establishment, supported housing or on the street.

If any form of abuse is putting your own or someone else's immediate safety at risk, please call 999 straight away. 

You can talk to us: 
If you live in Nottingham, call the Access Duty Team on 0300 131 0300 and select option 2. Our offices are open from 8.30am to 5pm.

For more information about Adult Safeguarding click this button

Who to contact if you are worried about the safety of a child, young person or adult

  • Where you are worried about an immediate risk of significant harm, please contact the Police on 999

  • If you are a Child, a Parent, a Family Member or a Member of the public and have worries about a child or young person - Please contact the City Multi Agency Safeguarding Hub on 0115 876 4800 to discuss your worries.

  • If you are worried about an adult, call the Access Duty Team on 0300 131 0300 and select option 2. Our offices are open from 8.30am to 5pm

  • Are you a child or young person being treated in a way that makes you feel scared, unsafe or very unhappy or alone? Call Childline on : 0800 1111 or NSPCC on 0808 800 5000

Mum and child browsing internet safely

Keeping Children Safe Online

Keeping kids safe on the internet is very important these days. The internet provides countless opportunities for learning and entertainment, but it also comes with potential risks.  Parents and carers need to help kids understand how to use the internet safely and responsibly so they can explore it while being protected from harmful content and online threats. 

Whether your children are into gaming, chatting, posting, or streaming, talking about online safety and making some rules can make sure kids have fun online without running into problems. 

The NSPCC provides advice and guidance to help kids use the internet safely.  Click on the link to learn more.

NSPCC - Guide to keeping children safe online